Birthright Levin is a non-government organisation which works only with single parent (or caregiver) families. We believe that all children have the right to a good start in life, help in times of crisis and the opportunity to reach their full potential. Birthright believes the way to do that is to holistically support the entire whanau/family unit. Our task is to facilitate the growth of confidence, development of living skills and wellbeing within the family and its individual members.
Every client family will be assigned a Fieldworker/Social Worker who will assist them to develop a plan that reflects their own family’s needs and goals.
Our services to Birthright Families/whanau may include:
- Regular home visits
- Emotional and parenting support
- Advocacy with WINZ, CYFS, GP’S, Housing NZ and many others
- Grants to assist with the cost of School Uniforms
- Liaising with schools
- Food bank referral service
- Free shop onsite providing donated clothing and household items
- Furniture & Linen
- Referrals to agencies that provide specialised services (e.g. CCS Disability; Otaki Health camp, etc.)
- FREE Activities & Outings (dependent on funding and numbers)
Single parents may self refer, either in person by coming in to the Birthright Levin Office or by telephone contact (06 368 8678).
We are grateful for the assistance and donations we receive from the community and numerous funding providers. Birthright accepts donations of household furniture, clothing, etc to be passed on to families in need. If you have any items for donation, please contact our office.
Physical Address: Postal Address
Te Runanga o Raukawa PO Box 474
3 Keepa St Levin, 5540
Phone No: Hours of Work
0800 457 146 9am-4pm Mon-Fri
027 804 2749
06 368 8678